It seems Blizzard is on a roll with these trailers, as we just got StarCraft 2’s latest trailer featuring Kerrigan doing what zerg do best, destroying things. Now, though, it’s World of Warcraft’s turn to have the spotlight, as they just got a trailer featuring the new raid boss, that’s coming in the next patch.
The patch won’t just feature a new raid boss, though. Loads of class changes are coming, along with a lot of other goodies, too. In particular, though, it seems as if Monks are getting some much-needed attention. Indeed, with the addition of several new spells and masteries, it seems as if Monks are going to be much more formidable.
While the focus of this patch is on PvE, with the addition of a new raid boss, PvP hasn’t been entirely left out, either. With the new patch, comes some currency changes on how you obtain PvP gear. Here’s a brief breakdown of the new system:
- Rating requirements will be removed from PvP gear.
- Malevolent Gladiator’s gear will be available for purchase with Honor Points.
- Tyrannical Gladiator’s armor will be available for purchase for Conquest Points without meeting any currency requirements. Tyrannical Gladiator’s weapons can be purchased after earning 7,250 Conquest Points for the season.
- A new tier of Elite Tyrannical Gladiator’s gear will be added that becomes available once 27000 Conquest Points have been earned for the season.
- Team Rating will gradually increase during the season for teams and players who continue to compete in PvP.