Sony Advises Password Changes In Wake Of EU PlanetSide 2 Server Attacks
Sony Online Entertainment has notified Planetside 2 players that email addresses and passwords might be comprised, and is advising users to change passwords for their SOE accounts and other services using the same password.
Below is the full statement:
We have ascertained that there was recently unauthorized third-party access to one of our systems. The possibility that your data (Email address and password) has been accessed by an unauthorized third party cannot be excluded. We were able to detect the problem promptly and took all necessary action to rectify the issue.
- Your account data is encrypted with us for your security. Nevertheless, we have decided to take preventative measures in order to ensure the highest degree of security.
- All accounts that may have been subject to unauthorized access have received an e-mail in which we have requested the user to change their password.
- If you are not able to log into your game, this means that your account has been suspended for security reasons. You can reactivate your account by following the link below and creating a new password.
- We would like to take this opportunity to point out that passwords must meet the following security criteria:
- At least eight alphanumeric characters.
- Use of upper and lower case.
- The new password must not match previous passwords.
If you have used the same or similar account data for other online services, we highly recommend that you change your passwords for these services in order to avoid and potential misuse by third parties.
The security of your data is of paramount importance to us and we are continually working to ensure that our systems always comply with the most up-to-date security standards.
If you encounter any issues to reset your password please do not hesitate to send us a mail via pwresetEN@p7s1games.net. Please provide your login name in your mail so that we can resolve the issue for you as soon as possible.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused and kindly ask for your patience and understanding.
Source: Computer and Videogames