Last night Sony may not have shown the physical form of the PS4, but they did tell us all about what was going to be inside it. The whole spec presentation was given by lead system architect Mark Cerny.
In simple words; the PS4 is a beast! It features a CPU with eight cores, an eight GB in memory only and a 1.84 TFLOPS graphic card. Furthermore, all downloads on the PS4 can be done in the background. No more waiting for downloads to finish when you just want to play the game.
Here are the detailed specs of Sony’s new console:
- Main Processor: Single-chip custom processor
- CPU: x86-64 AMD “Jaguar’, 8 cores
- GPU: 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD next-generation RAdeon-based graphics engine
- Memory: GDDR5 8GB
- Hard Drive: Built-in
- Optical Drive (read only): BD 6xCAV, DVD 8xCAV
- I/O: Super-Speed USB (USB 3.0), AUX
- Communication: Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T), IEEE 8.02.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1 (EDR)
AV output: HDMI, Analog-AV out, Digital Output (optical)