Kinect 2.0 Specifications Leaked
A new report has leaked the specifications for Microsoft’s new Kinect which will released alongside their new Xbox.
The report comes from VGleaks who previously have posted similar leaks for Nintendo’s Wii U console. Those later came to be pretty darn accurate; so there’s a chance that what you’re going to read below is the real deal.
According to the report, Kinect 2 will feature an increase field of view which will allow users to play in larger spaces. Compared to the current 57.6 (Horizontal) and 43.5 (vertical) field of view, Kinect 2 will have 70 and 60 degrees respectfully.
The new motion tracking device will also be slapped with higher depth accuracy and this time it will have support for up to six players at once.
Below is a complete list of the leaked specs:
- Field of View: 70˚ horizontal by 60˚ vertical
- Resolvable Depth: 0.8 m -> 4.0 m
- Colour Stream: 1920 x 1080 x 16 bpp 16:9 YUY2 @ 30 fps
- Depth Stream: 512 x 424 x 16 bpp, 13-bit depth
- Infrared Stream: 512 x 424, 11-bit dynamic range
- Registration: Colour depth and active IR
- Audio Capture: 4-mic array returning 48K Hz audio
- Data Path: USB 3.0
- Latency: ~60 ms with processing
- Tilt Motor: No tilt motor
Microsoft is expected to reveal their new console at E3 this June.