StarCraft 2: Last Major Patch Inbound Before Release of Heart of the Swarm
A major patch for StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty will be released early next week. This will be the last patch before the release of the next expansion to the game, Heart of the Swarm.
The patch will bring about many changes, including a new interface, the previously confirmed new training modes and new replay features. Additionally the new customizable Observer UI will also make its way into the game.
Here is the official list of changes:
- An all-new user interface with new menu screens.
- The launch of in-game Clans and Groups.
- New Replay features, such as Watch with Others and Take Command.
- A multitude of Editor improvements.
- New matchmaking options: Training Mode, Vs. AI Mode, and Unranked Play.
- All-new AI Options, including AI Communication.
- Players Near You, so you can find other StarCraft II players on your local network.
- New customizable Observer UI.
Blizzard has just mentioned a release time of “a few days”, which probably puts it sometime early next week.