Blizzard is looking for a new Diablo III game director to fill Jay Wilson’s position. The listing, posted by Blizzard online, lists five years of experience in game directing, multiple AAA titles shipped and familiarity with Diablo.
The job listing specifications are as follows:
- Be the vision holder for the game, set the creative goals for the team.
- Direct game design while successfully partnering with the production director to deliver an epic gaming experience.
- Evangelize games to the player community via press announcements, forum posts, interviews, and public appearances.
- Establish and maintain a creative environment, resolve personnel challenges, motivate qualified developers, and foster a culture of success.
- Maintain an awareness of global player behavior and customs to ensure that design decisions are relevant for a majority of regions.
- Coach, and guide creative team members toward achieving their career goals.
- Stakeholder in studio level strategy, and provide an active voice in resolving global issues.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about Diablo
- A minimum of 5 years’ directing video game development
- Shipped multiple AAA products as a game director, creative director, or in a senior development role
- Outstanding communications and relationship-building skills
- Recognized ability to guide and inspire large development teams
- Able to work well in a team environment and communicate effectively with all development disciplines: programming, art, design, sound, and production
- Exhibited ability to coach and mentor employees at all levels of an organization
- Great sense for what makes a game fun to play
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- A love for Blizzard Entertainment games
- Experience developing online video games, and / or role-playing games
- International game experience
- Higher educational degree
Blizzard is also looking to fill in slots for a game designer and games systems designer for console, as it attempts to bring Diablo III to consoles. Also, Blizzard is in need of a dialogue editor for a short term contract, an environmental artist, and several software engineers.