XCOM: Enemy Unknown Second Wave DLC Adds New Options
Modders found traces of 16 post-game modifications that were abandoned during development. Firaxis has now decided to make these settings available in a free XCOM: Enemy Unknown DLC releasing today titled Second Wave.
Four of the options will be available prior to game completion, upon a normal completion of the game all but four of the rest will be available, the remaining four, however, will only be available once the player beats the game at impossible difficulty. The settings are aimed at making the game more challenging; many of them randomize elements of the game and many of them make in-game tasks more difficult.
Here is a full list of the added options:
- Damage Roulette: Weapons have a wider range of damage.
- New Economy: Randomized council member funding.
- Not Created Equally: Rookies will have random starting stats.
- Hidden Potential: As a soldier is promoted, stats increase randomly.
Available upon completion
- Red Fog: Combat wounds will degrade the soldier’s mission stats.
- Absolutely Critical: A flanking shot guarantees a critical hit.
- The Greater Good: Psionics can only be learned from interrogating a psionic alien.
- Marathon: The game takes considerably longer to complete.
- Results Driven: A country offers less funding as its panic level increases.
- High Stakes: Random rewards for stopping alien abductions.
- Diminishing Returns: Increased cost of satellite construction.
- More Than Human: The psionic gift is extremely rare.
Available upon Impossible completion
- War Weariness: Funding goes down over time.
- E-115: Elerium degrades over time.
- Total Loss: Lose all soldier gear upon death.
- Alternate Sources: The power source cost to build facilities increases dramatically.