XCOM: Enemy Unknown Gets Free DLC Today
Consider this a post-Christmas present from developer Firaxis Games. A new DLC releases today for XCOM: Enemy Unknown called Second Wave and is free of charge. The pack is going to be available for all platforms and adds a lot of new features, plus mods.
During the launch month of the game, modders discovered a lot of features present in the game’s code that were not present in the final version. Since then Firaxis has worked on the said cut features and are now giving them back to the community free of charge.
The following is a complete list of new modes:
- Damage Roulette: Weapons have a wider range of damage.
- New Economy: Randomized council member funding.
- Not Created Equally: Rookies will have random starting stats.
- Hidden Potential: As a soldier is promoted, stats increase randomly.
- Red Fog: Combat wounds will degrade the soldier’s mission stats.
- Absolutely Critical: A flanking shot guarantees a critical hit.
- The Greater Good: Psionics can only be learned from interrogating a psionic alien.
- Marathon: The game takes considerably longer to complete.
- Results Driven: A country offers less funding as its panic level increases.
- High Stakes: Random rewards for stopping alien abductions.
- Diminishing Returns: Increased cost of satellite construction.
- More Than Human: The psionic gift is extremely rare.