Borderlands 2: Get Your Golden Keys This Weekend
Everyone who starts out in the game gets only 1 Golden Key and you must be wondering how you can get more of them.
Gearbox has announced a free keys give away this weekend, with five chances for anyone to snag themselves a redeemable code. The codes will be posted on the developer’s Facebook and Twitter accounts at the following times.
- Friday, October 26 – 4 p.m. PT (7 p.m. ET)
- Friday, October 26 – 9 p.m. PT (midnight ET)
- Saturday, October 27 – 3 a.m. PT (6 a.m. ET)
- Saturday, October 27 – 9 a.m. PT (noon ET)
- Saturday, October 27 – 1 p.m. PT (4 p.m. ET)
The keys will be only active for three hours after release and will activate only once per account. You can then redeem them in game for a Golden Key which opens up the above mentioned chest.
The chest rewards you with legendary and epic gear in accordance to your character level. Hence, opening the chest at earlier levels is of no use.