SWTOR: Update 1.4 Brings Class Changes & Balances
Update 1.4 for The Old Republic will be bringing some major changes to class gameplay. Senior designer, Austin Peckenpaugh posted on their community site that the new changes will focus on crowd control, the resolve system and the reevaluation of stealth gameplay.
Changes have been made to the ranges of many controlling abilities. This is how the new update will affect crowd control:
- Electro Dart and Cryo Grenade now have a 10-meter range.
- Electrocute and Force Stun now have a 10-meter range.
- Whirlwind and Force Lift still have an activation time and still have a 30-meter range.
- Plasma Probe and Incendiary Grenade still require an effect and still have a 30-meter range. Mind Trap, Mind Maze, Sleep Dart, and Tranquilizer still require stealth and still have a 10-meter range.
- Dirty Kick and Debilitate still have a 4-meter range and still have the shortest stun cooldown in the game.
- Flash Bang and Flash Grenade still have a 30-meter range and are exceptions to this philosophy, as they provide essential gameplay for the Sniper and Gunslinger.
Small tweaks have been done to Overload, Force Wave, Jet Boost and Concussion Charge. The tweaks mainly grant a more stronger ability with a longer cool-down.
The new change for the resolve system is that unorganized teams will no longer pay huge penalties for overlapping control effects at critical moments.
Update 1.4 will also include the Terror From Beyond operation when it’s released.