Capcom has confirmed that Resident Evil 6 has gone gold. The game will be released on October 2nd for the PS3 and Xbox 360. Capcom has promised a PC release next year.
Apart from the game going gold, Capcom has also detailed a free online service for the game titled ResidentEvil.net. The following site will track player statistics and more. A video released provides a better understanding for the free service.
Here’ a short run-down as to what the service is going to provide:
- Track stats for enemies killed, weapons used, medals earned and more.
- Facebook, Twitter and iOS/Android compatibility.
- Yield “RE.Net points” for using the service and entering online challenges.
- Allow players to exchange points for additional Mercenaries mode costumes.
- Periodical Champion Belt challenges. The belt can only be held by one player.
Resident Evil 6 will be released on October 2nd in North America for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Capcom have confirmed that the game has gone gold and is presently being manufactured. A PC version will follow next year.