Ghost Recon Online Errors, Launcher Crashes, Freezes and Fixes
Free-to-play games by famous developers usually attract a lot of gamers as there is no harm in trying a product which is free of cost. Ghost Recon Online is a game that one should not miss considering the fact that it won’t cost you a single penny. All you need to do is download the client and join in the battle.
The game is currently in the open beta phase which means that you can have problems in running the game properly. To solve some of these common problems, we have compiled a list that can help you in fixing your problem.
#1 Ghost Recon Online Launcher Problem – Error in getting a correct version
This problem is had been faced by many users, and it’s not only due to the inappropriate version but mostly because the launcher is not running while you are playing the game. So, when your game gets started, keep the launcher running to avoid this problem.
#2 Error During the Installation of Game Launcher
The issue can be associated with .Net framework. You need to download and install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 to make the game work properly. You can download it from here.
#3 Ghost Recon Online Error – The application has failed to initialize properly
If you try to run the Launcher.exe as administrator, this error may not pop-up.
#4 Black Screen due to High resolution
It may happen that you select a resolution that is not supported by your monitor. In that situation, to lower the resolution, you need to look for GraphicSettings.ini file in PDC-Live folder in the game directory. You can open this file in notepad and change the resolution as required. Display Width and Display Height are the parameters you need to change.
#5 Installation Error – Error in Patching
This usually means that some of the files were not un-installed properly. To fix the issue makes sure that there are no files left on your PC related to the game. You can do that by the following:
- Locate the ‘Apps’ folder, by following this path: C:/Users /*Username* /AppData /Local /Apps
- Removing or deleting the folder ‘Apps’.
- Completely disabling your anti-virus system and Firewall.
A fresh un-interrupted installation should make this error go away.
#6 Ghost Recon Online Error – ‘Application cannot be started. Contact the application vendor’
The error is related to Microsoft .Net framework. Download and install Framework 3.5 SP1 version to fix the issue.
#7 Error – Launcher has stopped working and needed to close
Make sure you have following things to get rid of this problem:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
- Internet Explorer is installed (whether you are using it or not)
- Your antivirus or firewall is not blocking the launcher
- If you are using directx 11. You need to install directx end-user run time web installer.
#8 Error – ‘Mode Not Supported’ on a black screen
Try running the game in windowed mode. Open the GraphicsSettings.ini file in PDC-Live folder in the game directory and change the Windowed value to 1. Now, lower the resolution to 1280*800
#9 Error – Dialogue box titled ‘Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
If you receive an error like this, make sure that you send a report to the developer. The more reports they receive, the sooner will they fix the problem.
#10 I am getting Error ‘Failed to communicate with the Online config service’
If you are getting this error, then make sure that your firewall isn’t blocking the launcher or the game client. It may also happen due to the change in host files by another software. In such case, you should.
- Head to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc
- Open the host file in the notepad
- Edit the file by removing anything below: ‘127.0.0.1 Localhost’ entry.
- Save the changes and try running the game again.
- #11 The game crashes after the blue skull logo
The error is due to the directx having incomplete elements. You need to download and install DirectX End-User Runtime to solve the issue.
#11 Error – Yeti_Release.exe – No Disk
The issue is known to the developer, and they are working to resolve the issue. In the meanwhile, you can try out the following workaround:
- Uninstall the game completely through the “Help” menu and select “Uninstall”.
- Search for remaining files of the game in Windows and delete them.
- Disable your Firewall and anti-virus softwares.
- Ensure that all USB ports are disconnected except for the keyboard and mouse.
- Use a cable to connect to the internet
- Re-install the game by clicking on “Play for Free” on the top on this page
If you come across any other issue, let us know in the comments below and we will try to help you out.