Dota 2 New Update Dispatched – Bots Get Wiser
Valve will make sure the highly anticipated real-time strategy thriller, Dota 2 is a well balanced and polished product before its full release later this year. In an effort to make the gameplay more balanced, Valve has released another patch that addresses some minor gameplay bugs and the behavior of bots. The changes are as follows:
- Fixed being able to miss Vendetta
- Fixed Meld sometimes not hitting if you moved quickly after attacking
- Fixed some FOW issues with Spirit Form Illuminate
- Fixed Soul Assumption gaining charges from Illusions
- Fixed some movement formation issues with Familiars
- Fixed Stone Form stun not going off if a Familiar died while casting it
Dota 2 Bots
- Fixed bots never using Cheese.
- Fixed bots never using TPs to get back to base.
- Bots will no longer figure out illusions based on the damage the potential illusion is doing.
- Lowered bot farm desire at low health.
- Lowered retreat desire just to pick up items.
- Added a mild distance factor to Roshan desire.
- Baseline push desire is now calculated using the opposing team’s total offensive power rather than a constant value (so bots will want more power later in games).
- Bots now just want to equalize power when defending, rather than overwhelm.
- Capped maximum defend desire so that it doesn’t trump their attack desire.
As you can see from the list, the bots will be more wiser and hence slightly tougher to deal with. The adjustment in bot desires will lead to a better, competitive gameplay.
If you are a DOTA 2 player and want to suggest any other changes, you can use the comments section below.