It will be quite a departure from their previous game as Impire will not be an RPG, but instead, is a strategy game that has you controlling an imp.
Here’s the game’s official info straight from Paradox themselves.
Run your Impire by defending against heroes invading a personalized demonic compound while also sending underlings to the surface to wreak chaos among those who call the land near yourImpire home.
Utilizing a vast array of minions, deadly traps, and a growing arsenal of wicked spells, players will guide the demon Báal-Abaddon to his rightful place atop the skulls of his mortal foes… just as soon as they can help him escape the body of a pathetic little imp.
Aside from the statement, Paradox has also released the game’s key features.
- – User-designed dungeons filled with different room types and an assortment of deathtraps
- – Minions of every shape and size to be leveled up and equipped with upgraded equipment
- – A custom deck of magical item cards to be unlocked and built to suit any playing style
- – The opportunity to squash pesky heroes beneath one’s hooves, and grind their souls into helpful dungeon-building resources
- – A perilous campaign to be played in solo or co-op mode
- – Many multi-player modes to confront and crush one’s so-called “friends”
If what you’ve read piqued your interest, you can watch the game’s announce trailer below.
Impire is set for release in the first-quarter of 2013 for PCs.