Hero Academy is a turn-based team battle game that is being developed by Robot Entertainment. The tactical game is coming to Steam on the 8th of August, 2012 and will be featuring the entire crew from Team Fortress 2.
Here are some details for the characters taken from the official press release:
- Spy – A cloaked unit who cannot be targeted at range. The Spy deals massive damage when attacking an enemy from behind.
- Scout – A fast-moving recon hero; Players gain an AP when deploying the Scout. The Scout automatically hops backwards when hit by an opponent.
- Sniper – The Sniper can target enemies anywhere in his row. At the end of your turn, the Sniper crouches. If he remains unscathed until your next turn, the Sniper gains increased power on his next shot.
- Medic – The Medic heals and revives allies; He can link to a full-health ally to increase their power.
- Engineer – A defensive hero with a basic ranged attack. The Engineer can upgrade allies’ weapons.
- Heavy – The Heavy does AOE attack at range. Every successive attack deals more damage as his minigun spins up.
- Pyro – He does full damage to two enemies in a row; The Pyro’s attack can hit cloaked Spies.
- Demoman – The Demoman lobs grenades that do AOE damage. He does bonus damage when attacking crystals.
- Soldier – The Soldier is a ranged hero. He uses powerful rockets to knock enemy units back.
Buying the game will also grant you additional hats in Team Fortress 2. Here is a complete list of the ones that you can get hold off:
- Scout – Void Monk Hair
- Demoman – Grenadier Helm
- Spy – Ninja Cowl
- Pyro – Tribal Bones