Arma 2 DayZ Mod Install Problems, Crashes, Errors, FOV, Freezes and Fixes
Arma 2’s DayZ mod is attractive enough to increase the sales of the game by 500%. Yes, an apparently dull realistic shooter is selling ton thanks to a new game mod released for free. It’s not that people are just crazy about zombies, transforming a real time shooter into a zombie showdown is not only fascinating but a unique idea that makes you say: Yes, I am gonna try it.
The problem, however, is that the mod currently is in its alpha phase of testing, and you may find it hard to make it work properly. In that situation, you can refer to the following troubleshooting guide for assistance.
Note: The root cause of most of the issues is related to installation of the mod. For the installation guide, you can refer to our “DayZ Mod Installation Guide“.
#1 Arma DayZ Mod – Waiting For Host (220.127.116.11) – 94876 Problem
If you have updated to 94945 patch then try rolling back to 94876 to fix the issue. Otherwise, the issue is known to the developer and will hopefully be fixed in the next patch.
#2 Arma DayZ Mod – FPS Drop/Poor Performance
The mod is unstable at the moment so if you are facing sudden fps drops then you restart your PC and launch the game again. And if you are using a high end PC and getting below average FPS then you make sure that your resolution and 3D resolution are same.
#3 Arma 2 Has Stopped Working – Crashes to Desktop (CTD)
If your game is getting crashed to desktop then you can try the following workaround:
- Head to Arma 2 Arrowhead folder and open Expansion. Then open BattlEye and run the uninstall.exe.
- Now, head to your Arma 2 folder and open BattlEye. Run the uninstall.exe. If you can’t find it then you can skip this step.
- Run the game with the beta.
- Now, try joining server. You may get stuck at either Loading or Wait for Host. There is no need to panic.
- Close the game and head back to the Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead folder. Then go to expansion and delete the beta.
- Now, download and install beta patch 94700.
- It will ask you to install BattleEye. Install it.
- Again, go to your Arma 2 folder and run the .exe file in BEsetup.
- Go back to your Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead folder/Expansion/beta and copy the BattleEye folder. Make sure that you don’t cut or delete the file.
- Paste the BattleEye folder in the main Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead directory.
- Open Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead and join a Normal game.
- Once in, abort and close the game.
- Now, download and install beta patch 94876.
- Open Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead and join a DayZ game.
You can also use these steps to counter other problems like game freezes etc.
#4 Arma 2 DayZ Mod – How To Fix Microphone ‘Voice’ Issue
You may be facing mic problems in DayZ. To fix the issue, make sure that the recording device in your steam settings is set to your mic. If no device is available, you can choose the detect audio devices option. Test your microphone and you should all be fine.
#5 How To Fix Battleye Client Issues
There can be multiple issues related to Battleye which may not let you play the game. You can try the following fix to solve your problem:
- Head to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead.
- Check the expansions folder and look for a folder named’BattlEye’.
- If you can’t find the folder there, go back to the main OA folder and open the ‘BEsetup’ folder.
- In the folder, run the ‘Setup_BattlEyeARMA2OA’ to install the program manually.
Furthermore, make sure antivirus/spyware is not blocking the program for updates.
#6 DayZ Mod Error – Addon ‘dayz_anim’ requires addon ‘CA_Missions_BAF_2’
Installing OA patch 1.60 over the newer 1.72 version can fix the problem for you.
#7 DayZ Mod Error – “You can not play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.cherarus”
Make sure that you are launching the game as Combined operations and not as Operation Arrowhead via Steam.
#8 Arma 2 DayZ Mod – Getting Kicked From The Server Without Any Message
The problem may well be related to BattlEye client. Launch the Operation Arrowhead and re-install the BattlEye anti-cheat client to fix the issue. For the retail users, you can download the client from here.
#9 Arma 2 Has Stopped Working – Error on Launch
If you are facing the error on start up, try the following workarounds:
- Right click Arma 2 in STEAM and then Properties. Head to Local Files and then verify integrity of game cache.
- Redownload and make sure you are using the latest version of DayZ mod files.
- Try launching the game without DayZ mod, see if it works. If it does work, try re-installing the DayZ mod files.
- Last but not the least, try installing the latest beta patch.
#10 Arma 2 DayZ Mod – Can’t Hear Any Sound
You may have faced this problem after 1.7.2 update. To fix the issue, give following steps a try:
- Delete the game addons folder in the @dayz folder. You can find the folder in Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead game folder.
- Re-install it by using the sixlauncher. Select the server you want to join in and press “update” button on the left.
- Log in again to test the sound
#11 Arma 2 Texture Glitch – How To Fix
Locate the Arma 2 folder in “My Documents” and look for a config file named “Arma2oa.cfg”. Open the file in notepad and change line value AToC=x to AToC=0. That should fix the problem.
If you come across any other issues in Arma 2 DayZ Mod, let us know in the comments and we will try to help you out!