DICE has revealed some key features of Battlefield 3’s upcoming Expansion, Armored Kill. The upcoming DLC pack will contain a brand new game mode which will be a change for those who are tired playing infantry only from the last expansion.
As promised by DICE this DLC focuses on vehicle-based warfare and off course features the largest map in Battlefield history. Here are some of the key features you can look out for:
- All-out vehicle warfare on four new maps
- Includes the biggest map in Battlefield history
- New vehicles, including tanks, ATV’s, and mobile artillery
- Brings back five new vehicle unlocks to the base game
- Earn 20+ unlocks for the new vehicles in Armored Kill
- New Tank Superiority game mode
- All maps playable with all six game modes
It would be interesting to see just how large the “Biggest map in Battlefield history” really is. While PC players wouldn’t have any troubles with it, the console players do have to see to a 24 player max limit on the servers.
DICE has yet to announce a release date for the DLC but from previous statements we expect it to arrive sometime in September. Battelfield 3 Premium members will get access to it a couple of weeks earlier.