The reason for this was Konami having lost the original source code for Silent Hill 2 and 3. This led to the team working on the HD Collection with incomplete versions during the remastering process.
All that can be put behind us now. A patch to fix all the issues with the HD Collection has been released on the PlayStation Network. The patch includes the following fixes:
- Improved Frame rate
- Voice Synch is greatly improved
- Missing sounds have been fixed
- Missing music has been addressed
- Fog density issues are resolved
- Other minor visual/audio improvements
Silent Hill HD Collection was released back on the 20th of May, 2012 for both the 360 and PS3. The patch fix was promised later on in April. However, so far there’s no news on a patch for the 360 version of the game.