Now, SEGA will be launching Phantasy Star Online 2 in the US and EU territories, too. The free-to-play (F2P) will be out in the West in early 2013.
Here’s a few features PSO 2 will be bringing to the table.
- Deep sci-fi fantasy universe filled with lush landscapes, extraordinary creatures, and epic adventures
- Revolutionary real-time combat and third-person action with devastating combos and counters to master
- Flexible, class-based leveling system that lets players define their own play-style with distinctive melee, ranged, and magic weapon types
- Randomized dungeon maps and unexpected mid-quest encounters that ensure each quest is different for each player
- Deep character creation system with a nearly limitless number of potential appearances
- Three degrees of humanity to experience across three unique races: the versatile Humans, spiritually-powered Newmen, and artificial CAST
Phantasy Star Online 2 launched in Japan in June 4 and the publisher currently has plans for content updates all the way up to 2013.
Source: PSO-World (via Siliconera)