Monster Hunter 4 Famitsu Info Blowout
In saying that, this week’s Famitsu has released a crapload of details on Monster Hunter 4.
- The game will not have water segments (water was one of MH3’s big features)
- There will be some new elements surrounding Felynes. You’ll once again be able to take two Felynes out with you on hunts.
- The game will have new weapons, but these are being kept secret for now. It will also have new armor designs.
- The game’s story with the greatest number of NPCs in series history.
- Monsters will make use of the land formations.
- Under certain conditions, you’ll be able to grab on to the monsters. (I’m not sure if this means you’ll be able to ride the monsters or just latch on to them for attacking.)
- You’ll be able to make use of hight differences in the stages to perform jump attacks.
- The game will have a free camera.
- Rather than a fixed base camp like past Monster Hunter games, your base camp will now move — somewhat like a caravan.
The mag also lists that the game will support up to four players. Though it’s not known at this time if it’s purely local play or online.
We’ll post more news once Capcom releases the official word.