While Bethesda has already added kill-cams and even Kinect support for Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, they’re not finished yet! This time, they’re patching in one of the game’s most highly-requested features — and that’s mounted combat!
This will once again be a free update but will initially be for PC players only. In fact, PC players can now try this out now. Just go to Steam’s Beta Update and voila! Mounted combat is a go.
Aside from this, there’s also a host of bug fixes which you can see below.
1.6 Update (all platforms unless specified)
- Mounted Combat – Skyrim now allows you to do melee and ranged combat while riding a horse
- General stability and memory optimizations
- General AI pathfinding optimizations and bug fixes
- Optimizations and crash fixes for data leaks
- Fixed rare crash with lighting
- Fixed crashes related to loading and saving games
- Fixed crash with summoned creatures/NPCs
- Fixed rare issue where saves would be corrupted
- Improved logic for when ranged kill cams are played
- Fixed issue with ranged kill cams while killing a dragon
- Fixed rare issue with certain ranged kill cams not playing properly
- Fixed issue with nirnroot lighting not properly cleaning up
- Fixed issue where bow damage was being calculated incorrectly
- Fixed rare problem with werewolf kill moves would not finish animating properly
- In “The Break of Dawn” fixed rare issue where Meridia’s Beacon would disappear from player’s inventory
- Fixed occasional issue where followers would disappear after player pays off a bounty after committing a crime
- Fixed issue where certain creatures and NPCs would fail to respawn properly
- Fixed rare issue with dialogue subtitles not displaying properly
- Fixed issue with water appearing blurry when loading a saved game after creating a save underwater
- Fixed issue where map cursor would occasionally disappear after closing a message box with Kinect enabled (Xbox 360)
- Fixed rare issue with shouts only performing the first level and not other unlocked levels with Kinect enabled (Xbox 360)
- Fixed issue where the shout buttons would stop working properly if users mashed LB and RB during cooldown with Kinect enabled (Xbox 360)
Makes the wait for Dawguard a bit more tolerable, no?