Sony has just revealed that the entire Uncharted series has now sold over 17 million copies across the franchise’s four iterations. This figure is accurate as of April 13, 2012 and to further bolster their point, Sony has also released a nifty infograph of Uncharted-related stats.
Aside from this self-congratulatory statement, Sony has also revealed that Uncharted 3 will be coming out with a “Game of the Year” edition. It will include all 14 pieces of DLC and the contents can be seen below.
- Classic Skins Packs 1 – 3: A huge total of 25 skins for the Uncharted 3 multiplayer experience including fan favourites such as Nathan Drake as he appears in the original Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune, or Winter Drake as he appears in Tibet during Uncharted 2: Among Thieves; even minor characters such as Cameraman Jeff make an appearance.
- Multiplayer Accessory Pack: Allows players to play skinned as a Capture Trooper from another PS3 exclusive, Killzone 3. Also includes the ISA and Helghast helmets accessories.
- Flashback Map Packs 1 and 2: Includes eight maps that bring reworked, dynamically improved environments from Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune and Uncharted 2: Among Thieves into the multiplayer of Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception.
- Drake’s Deception Map Pack: Four new multiplayer maps – The Graveyard, Old Quarter, London Streets, and Oasis – each incorporating its own dynamic events.
- Fort Co-Op Adventure: Additional content for the co-op adventure online game mode, Fort takes players on a journey through the fortress first seen in Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune to seek out Nathan Drake.
- Co-Op Shade Survival: Take on wave after wave of some of the toughest enemies from the Uncharted series, the fiery Djinn. This co-op game mode provides a good multiplayer challenge that rewards quite handsomely.
- Doughnut Skin Pack: If you’ve ever wondered what Sully would look like if he really let himself go, this is the skin pack for you. Five characters from the franchise are depicted in larger-than-life form.
- Rogues Skin Pack 1 and 2: Tired of playing as Nate? Unnamed henchmen and hired goons more your thing? This is what you’ve been waiting for. Play as 14 minor antagonists from Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception.
There’s currently no date on when Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Game of the Year Edition will be out.
For those living under a rock for the past year, Uncharted 3 was released last year to critical-acclaim and is one of Sony’s biggest franchises this generation.