Rumor: Former Rockstar Intern Allegedly Spills Info on GTA V, Red Dead Sequel
Hold on to your seats, folks! We’re about to dive into questionable rumors from questionable sources. The source of the “leak” now claims to be from someone who spent a year as an intern at Rockstar’s Manhattan offices.
This source admits that he has hasn’t seen “functional gameplay” of Grand Theft Auto V, but he gathered all the details regarding the game from documents, conversations and what he saw on developer’s screens.
Before we dive into the GTA V details, the source claims that Rockstar’s other famous sandbox game – Red Dead Redemption, will be getting a sequel titled Red Dead Rebellion. Not only that, but the publisher supposedly also has Bully 2 and Wild Metal 2 in development as well.
- – Los Santos is the only city on the GTA V map, which comprises five populaces across three provinces.
- – The province names are ‘The Greater Naranja Area’, ‘Los Puerta’ and ‘Greater Los Santos’.
- – The county is described as ‘huge’ with Greater Los Santos including “the San Ventura Mountain Range, Bone Valley, Larry Andreasen Bridge, Lawernce Island, and Santos National Park”.
- – Chilliad Peak appears on the mountain range.
- – The sourthern border of the map is blocked by “unpassable mountains” and “a fence along the range”.
- – The Mexico-US border is referenced, but players won’t actually be able to cross into Mexico.
- – District names Jefferson, Vinewood, Mullholland, and Idlewood have returned from San Andreas.
- – The Los Santos map is said to be more than three times the size of Liberty City, surrounded by “two Red Dead [Redemption] maps as countryside”
- The older character in the suit from the GTA V trailer is Albert, an associate who will deliver missions.
- – Random/procedural street missions will still exist.
- – GTA V will have decision-based moments and multiple endings.
- – The campaign will see players form a crew of henchmen, which players will recruit for their skills
- – Each players’ crew will approach missions differently depending on which members you’ve picked.
- – Players can call their crew for missions, “as back-up, or just to hang out, engage in activities and free roam.”
- – Character customization is limited to the central character.
- – Clothing options have been “vastly improved” from GTA 4.
- – Body building and strength/stamina boosts could return from San Andreas.
- – New activities are set to include “surfing, card games, dice, hang-gliding, rockclimbing, car shows, off-roading, hiking, and ‘legal’ gambling.”
- – Mission types will include robberies and heists, with proceeds split with your crew.
- – Flight school, driver’s course and shooting ranges will boost each areas stats.
- – Girlfriends will return, each with their own pros and cons.
- – Adrenaline Pillswill return.
- – Assets are ‘attainable’ and will boost wealth
- – Safhouses are set to include a safe to store weapons, cash and other items.
- – Players will be able to establish themselves in the narcotics industry from street level trade to owning the means of production.
- – Pedestrians can be pickpocketed, rather than dropping money, with an RDR-style ‘X’ marking yet-to-be looted bodies.
- – GTA 5 will include around 50 different weapons, with RDR guns returning as antiques.
- – Consistent weapon usage will improve that weapons’ stats.
- – Melee weapons include golf clubs, knifes, bats, shovels, pick-axe and machetes.
- – Players can now throw “brooms, chairs, lamps, boxes, traffic cones and barricades.”
- – Players can now aim and shoot while traversing obstacles such as ladders.
- – Weapon select could be done via a Max Payne 3 weapon-wheel.
To read the complete summarized list, click here.
Again, it bears repeating that all of the things listed here haven’t been confirmed by Rockstar and as such, should be treated entirely as rumors.
In any case, we’ll hopefully know more once E3 rolls around later this year.