Rumor: Black Ops 2 Multiplayer Details Leaked
While there’s no doubt in anyone’s mind that a new Call of Duty game is coming out this year, more and more evidence points to this year’s iteration as Black Ops 2.
In saying this, the rumor train hasn’t stopped and this time, it seems that the game’s multiplayer features might have been outed, too!
The supposed “leak” was posted on the official Black Ops forums but it was taken down by Activision. Fortunately for us, another user also started another thread regarding the info posted and while Activision also took that thread down, it’s Google cache version survived!
Don’t forget that this is still a rumor until confirmed by Activision or Treyarch, but it is kind of suspicious of them to take the thread down – which adds even more fuel to this rumor, in my opinion.
- Escort, a new game mode
- > Similar to Search and Destroy however a live player must be escorted to one of three areas (or two depending on the map) without being killed.
- >The match will have rounds, consisting of one life only.
- Drop Zone and Kill Confirmed will return
- Team Defender and Infected will not return
- Will follow from Modern Warfare 3’s system
- Larger emphasis on objectives
- A bomb plant is worth 2 points
- A neutral flag is worth 1, however an enemy flag is worth 2
- A flag assist capture is worth 1, a capture is worth 2
- The Specialist Pointstreak has be modified
- 2 kills now gets you 1 perk
- The 4th kill gets you 2 more perks
- The 6th kill gets you 3 more perks
- The 8th Kill gets you 4 more perks
- You do not get every perk when you reach 8 kills
- Perks only become “Pro” when you have them Pro
- RC XD will not return
- Heat vision
- Is a new Pointstreak reward
- When you get the required points, you can activate this Pointstreak and your player pulls out a scope and attaches it to your weapon.
- This scopes main advantage is it’s ability to detect enemies through most walls.
- Note, the scope can only be attached to primaries not including shotguns
- Item Packages
- Requires 5 points
- Fall along side care packages and air drop traps.
- Features a list of package items only
- Including ammo, mini gun, grenade launcher, rocket launcher, and body armor
- There will be 15 prestiges
- There will be 50 ranks
- Every two prestiges there is a 5 rank increase
- The final prestige has 90 levels
To read the entire alleged leak, click here.
Again, before any of you spread the news like wildfire, keep in mind that this is still considered a rumor – albeit a rather extensive one at that.
Is Treyarch making the necessary changes to prevent Black Ops 2 from getting stale or are the changes not too believable? Share your thoughts in the comments below.