Just last night we showed you Medal of Honor Warfighter’s newest trailer. Now we even have more info for you military gaming FPS fans as EA has just released the official press release for the game.
- Dotted Line to Real World Events – From rescuing hostages in Abu Sayyaf’s stronghold in Basilan, Philippines to assaulting Al-Shabaab’s “Pirate Town” on the Somali Coast, gamers step into the boots of Tier 1 Operators as they hunt down the global threat of PETN. Medal of Honor Warfighter is the only game that gives players a view into these real world events and lets them experience the action as it might have unfolded.
- The Power of Frostbite 2 – Leveraging the power of the ground-breaking Frostbite 2 engine, Medal of Honor Warfighter delivers incredible video and audio fidelity to enhance the intensity of the battle and deliver this year’s most authentic war experience.
- War is Personal for the Entire Family – Medal of Honor Warfighter goes beyond the battlefield and reveals the heartbreaking side of war, told through the eyes of military families. With a story written by Operators from this community, Medal of Honor Warfighter unveils intimate insights into the sacrifices of the warriors on the ground – and their families.
- National Pride Online with Global Tier 1 – Internationally, allied military forces also possess their own elite units with similar capabilities. With Medal of Honor Warfighter gamers can represent their nation’s Tier 1 Operators on the global battlefield. For the first time, the Medal of Honor brand introduces multi-national Tier 1 blue-vs-blue team play where the world’s best of the best warriors go head-to-head in combat. The game features 12 different Tier 1 units from a variety of nations including the British SAS, Australian SASR, German KSK and Polish GROM.
- One Studio, One Vision – Developed by Danger Close Games in Los Angeles, California, Medal of Honor Warfighter sees the return of key development leads who helped reboot the multi-platinum hit in 2010. The core team is bolstered by industry veterans who hail from DICE, Treyarch and more. Together, this team is united behind a single vision for the game – authenticity, respect and honor for today’s warfighters, with real emotion, real threats and a game designed to highlight the extraordinary nature of the material.
EA has also revealed that pre-ordering the game’s limited edition will automatically unlock the US Navy Seal Tier Sniper class on day one. This multiplayer unlock will save an estimated 40 hours of playtime that would normally be required to unlock the operator.
Are you getting ready for the big Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty battle happening later this year? Which side are you on?