In the recent addition of Famitsu, there was an indication that the Japenese developer Square Enix is working on a RPG powered by Unreal Engine. We still don’t have any details about the game yet but the first art work of this unknown RPG has been revealed on the recruitment page.
They are hiring more staff as according the source, there are currently only 35 people working on the project. Following are the positions they are looking for:
- Planner (Action) — work on creating the specifications and data for the game’s action, focusing on combat action
- Planner (Writing) — work on writing the text for the game and scenario
- Planner (Level) — work on level and field design via UnrealEngine 3, and positioning enemies, items and so-forth
- Game Programmer — work on areas like camera control and AI
- Network Programmer — work on such areas as matching and network synchronization during gameplay
- 3D Graphics Programmer — work on real time 3D graphics realization and optimization
- Physics Programmer — work on in-game physics simulation and optimization
- Animation Programmer — work on 3D model animation
- Art Designer — background art (image and gadgets) and character and enemy art and design
- Motion Designer — work on game character motion
- VFX Designer — work on effects for action scenes, cut-scenes and so-forth
- BG Modeler — work on production of 3D backgrounds, also work on level design through Unreal Engine 3 editor
- Character Modeler — work on modeling for characters and enemies, taking artwork and going through process of high mesh, modeling, bone, texture and material
The art however can be interpreted in different ways. My first impression was an arcade styled RPG game just like Devil May Cry which would be more or less disappointing as we expect more than that. How do you interpret this RPG with this single piece of artwork?