The PC version of Rage has had its share of bugs and problems. Thankfully, id Software had taken notice of this, and the result is a patch for the PC version of the shooter game, primarily focusing on improving performance on AMD machines.
Bethesda released the official changelog to the update, which is as follows:
- Implemented workaround for AMD driver crash right after intro cinematic on Win 7 32-bit systems.
- Disabled UBOs because they are causing animation issues with AMD drivers. Don’t allow swap-tear to be enabled on AMD while the extension is not exposed because it may crash.
- Support for new video settings: “texture cache”, “vsync”, and ”anisotropic filter”
- Automatically adjust vt_maxPPF based on the number of available cores.
- Improved performance for SLI cards when GPU transcode is enabled.
- Fix for GPU Transcoding option being disabled after exiting gameplay.
- Added safe mode to restore video settings to default values.
- Allow g_fov to be changed from the RAGE launch options in Steam.
- Server now forwards text chat from clients to all other clients while in-game.