Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Update Detailed
No one can question the timing of Gran Turismo 5 update with Forza Motorsport 4 just around the corner.
The Spec 2.0 Update brings a lot of changes and Yamauchi mentioned in a tweet, it changes Gran Turismo 5 in ways based on the input taken from fans.
Everything that’s based on the feedback comes out fine but let’s see what actually have changed with Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Update:
- Simplified interior view added to all standard cars.
- User control of the weather change feature.
- Added a setting sheet feature allowing you to save multiple car settings.
- Spec 2.0 opening movie.
- Improved UI response and usability.
- Replay fast forward/rewind.
- Mid-race save feature for endurance races.
- Expanded online lounge features (Narrowing down car types, shuffle races).
- Expansion of the B-Spec remote race you can play from gran-turismo.com (a graph display now shows changes in race rankings).
- Expanded Photo travel features (you can now take photos of cars together with your avatar).
- Added a “NASCAR Pit Scene” stage to Photo Travel.
- Added eleven 2011 model NASCAR cars.
- Added the Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Motor Sport.
- Improved physics and AI.
- Support for the Logitec G25/G27 Steering wheel.
Yamuachi has confirmed a racing car pack, a course pack and racing gear pack as DLC while detailing the major changes that Spec 2.0 Update brings on the table.
For the DLC we’re preparing a racing car pack, a course pack, and a racing gear pack. I’ll let you know more about that soon.
Spec 2.0 Update is free and will be available to download next week. No news about when these promised DLC packs will be available. So, tell us racing fans, are you satisfied with all these changes this update brings to the Gran Turismo 5 ?