FIFA 12 Shatters Records Worldwide
When you have millions of soccer fans around the globe and some one like EA is involved, you can’t expect the game to be a flop. Fan following is one reason but the other important fact is that FIFA 12 is a game to be praised. With many new additions, we can’t say that it’s just the remake of its predecessor. The latest installment in the long running soccer series is now “the biggest video game launch to date in 2011, and the most successful launch in EA SPORTS history”.
The game snatched the first place from Gears of War 3 in UK top 10 within a week of its release and has sold record-breaking 3.2 million units to date. The game also set a record in online activity as players across the globe played the game for almost 200 million minutes this week. Other bright achievements shared on the official site include:
- Sales are estimated to be up approximately 23 percent over last year’s record-breaking launch.
- FIFA 12 for iPhone and iPad has already sold 879,000 units, and achieved the Top Grossing App for iPhone on 30 worldwide storefronts.
- October 1, 2011 was the busiest day for online gaming in EA SPORTS history. Fans registered more than 10 million EA SPORTS game sessions, including almost eight million game sessions of FIFA 12.
- Almost 350,000 fans engaged in the early web-start for FIFA 12 Ultimate Team via easportsfootball.com, and more than 14 million trades have already occurred within the Ultimate Team mode.
- For the first time ever, FIFA Ultimate Team is available on disc for fans to enjoy the thrill of building, managing and playing with their ultimate team of football superstars.
You find anything surprising in these stats or all went according to plans for EA?