Deus Ex: Human Revolution Patch – Fixes ATI Crash, Controls, and Loading Speed
Deus Ex: Human Revolution has finally been patched to fix most of the annoying bugs experienced by the fans on launch. Most notably the ever annoying slow loading speeds, ATI driver crashes and issues with controls. This update will be pushed by the Steam next time you launch the game. Here is a brief rundown of the fixes.
This latest patch addresses:
- A frequent issue for AMD/ATI hardware users that can cause the game to crash on startup.
- Improvements to loading speed. The speed increase depends on machine spec and settings, but loading time improvements of over 50% have been measured on some machines.
Some control fixes:
- Diagonal movement is no longer faster as intended.
- Adjustments have been made to mouse sensitivity in response to user feedback.
- Mouse sensitivity for X and Y axis can still be configured separately, but is now consistent when set to default settings.
- The range of settings for mouse sensitivity has been adjusted to provide for more accurate adjusting.
- The default mouse sensitivity has been altered to be somewhat less sensitive.
If you are experiencing a problem that has been fixed by this patch, you can check the workarounds listed in our Crashes, Freezes and Fixes guide for Deus Ex: Human Revolution.