Ukranian Team Has Won Dota 2 Championship ‘The International’
The Ukranian team embarks upon their success by having their hands on a million dollars. Their success in Dota 2 was greeted well with a fat paycheck. Their team named “Na’vi” is comprised of Dendi aka Danil Ishutin, ArtStyle aka Ivan Antonov, Puppey aka Ivanov Clement, XBOCT aka Oleksander Deshkevych, LightofHeaven aka Dimitrly Kupriyanov and McDee aka Dmytrly Dieletskyl.
The International was held at Gamescom 2011 and carried out through a 5 day run. 16 teams competed for the grand prize of 1$ million. Na’vi faced Ehome in final and beat them out, five rounds straight to elimination. Although Na’vi weren’t the only one to get rewarded for their efforts, the other teams were given prizes accordingly as well. The prizes were distributed according to the position the teams scored in the event.
- Na’vi : Ist position with the grand prize of $ 1,000,000
- Ehome: 2nd position with the grand prize of $ 250,000
- Scythe: 3rd position with the grand prize of $150,000
- MYM: 4th position with the grand prize of $ 80,000
- iG and m5: 5th position with the grand prize of $35,000 each
- Mith-Trust and ok.nv.int: 7th position with the grand prize of $ 25,000 each
If you have been watching Dota 2 live streams, you should be excited since Valve will start a public beta of the game SOON. You can sign up for Beta with your steam profile at Dota2.com