Battlefield 3 To Use PunkBuster, DICE Still Undecided Over commo-rose
During an interview with Battlefieldbc, Russian DICE community manager revealed new details on the relatively unheard multiplayer features of Battlefield 3.
Battlefield 3 will use PunkBuster as an anti-cheat system and DICE is still to take the final decision on whether they should bring back the much talked commo-rose feature.
The Punkbuster as anti-cheat system doesn’t come as a surprise, but it would be interesting to see what DICE does in case of commo-rose, since it has been the subject of great debate on official forums with fans split on whether it should be part of the game or NOT.
The original interview is all in Russian but you can read through the translated highlights.
- Hitboxes are much improved in comparison with BFBC2.
- Recoil is really hard and needs to get used to.
- The closed betatest for MoH owners will be held but no word on date yet.
- There will be ingame VOIP.
- The anticheat system is PunkBuster.
- There are three slots for weapon customization.
- Character customization will be up but no word on details.
- BF3 will be greatly optimized. DICE is willing to optimize it for all platforms and hardware.
- System specs won`t be “fantastic”. They will be reasonable.
- The feeling of BF3 is truly different. It`s not BF2 and not BFBC2.
- BF3 will be highly cybersports-oriented.
- There`s no final decision about commo-rose at DICE.
Source. Battlefieldbc.ru and bf3.com.ua