Operation Flashpoint: Red River delivers authentic realtime shooting experience by getting you in the shoes of US Marines in the intense battlefield set in the remote Tajikistan.
The game is fine but due to implementation of GFWL and Steam together, is experiencing all sorts of issues that may become a hurdle in your way to enjoy the game. You can use our troubleshooting guide that enlists all the workarounds to resolve any of the issues you may come across in your attempt to play the game.
1# Operation Flashpoint: Red River – ” has left the session”
- Turn Windows Live off and re-run the game. It will resolve the issue.
- Uninstall GFWL – Make sure you start the steam offline to play the singleplayer.
- Or pull the network cable and you will no longer get kicked out with Leave the Session messages but you can only play single player campaign.
- Update Microsoft Windows, Install latest .Net Framework.
2# Operation Flashpoint: Red River Connection Issues – Lag Fix
Open TCP-Port 3074 and put PC to the DMZ. Open NAT on windows Live, and you will be able to enjoy the game online without much trouble.
If you are attempting to connect on XBL, make sure you have these ports open:
- 53 UDP/TCP
- 80 UDP/TCP
- 88 UDP
- 3074 UDP/TCP
- 9103 UDP/TCP
3# Game Crashes at First Mission
If you start the first mission and end up failing the mission right after a crash to desktop without even doing anything. Re-load the mission and run the game in offline mode to resolve this issue.
4# Getting Kicked From Server
Refer to #2 and forward the specified ports to resolve any connection issues. Also make sure your network is not blocking your connection.
5# Operation Flashpoint: Red River Keyboard Keys Response Fix
There is a distinct lag when pressing the keys and the response you get in the game while playing it on PC. It doesn’t graphics in anyway, probably has something to do with rogue script. Only a patch by developer can fix this issue so be patient.
6# Operation Flashpoint: Red River Headphone/Sound Fix
You may need to uninstall the drivers for the sound device and let Windows install generic drivers. This should then enable you to resolve your issue.
7# Poor SLI Performance Fix
- Remove nVidia drivers by uninstalling via Control Panel.
- Boot into Safe Mode and use Driver Sweeper to clean up all the remnants.
- Reboot once more in Safe Mode and use CCleaner to clean the registry values.
- Re-install the latest nVidia drivers. But rather than just extracting the drivers and letting the install run through normally, cancel the Setup and went to the extracted folders and removed the NV3DVision & NV3DVisionUSB.Driver & HDAudio folders.
- Run setup.exe again and chose custom installation.
- You will be presented only with the required software – Drivers, control Panel, PhysX and Updater Software. Selected Clean Install and let it finish then reboot.
- Once rebooted you can configure the Cpanel to allow SLI etc then reboot once more.
- You will notice the increase in FPS and smooth gameplay.
8# SLI Performance and High Quality Settings
- SLI compatibility bits: 0x02C0005
- NVIDIA predefined SLI mode: SLI_PREDEFINED_MODE_FORCE_AFR2
- Ambient Occlusion compatibility: 0x00000016
- Ambient Occlusion usage: Enabled
- Ambient Occlusion setting: High quality
Nvidia Control Panel
- Anisotropic Filtering: 16x
- Textures Filtering Quality: High Quality
9# Operation Flashpoint: Red River Crash at Startup
Update Windows, Video Card Drivers, DirectX and .Net Framework 4 to fix any crashes you are experiencing. Most probably updating Windows will resolve the issue.
10# Operation Flashpoint: Red River No Sound Fix
From the options menu in your sound control panel, choose Stereo if you can’t hear the sound in-game.
Operation Flashpoint: Red River Games For Windows Live – Login and Connection Fixes
1. Forward following ports:
TCP 80, UDP 88, UDP 3074, TCP 3074, UDP 53, TCP 53
You can do this by logging into your router. It can be done by typing 192.168.1.1 in the address bar in any web browser. You need to enter the username as ‘admin’ and password as ‘password’. Go to NAT> Virtual Servers and add the above ports. You can give any sever name for each port like ‘Live1’, ‘Live2’. You can refer to portforwarding.com and choose the router you have and follow the instructions specific to it to forward the ports on your system.
2. Disable Firewall or Anti-virus which may be blocking the internet connection and hence causing Games For Windows Live Connection Failures.
3. Reset/Repair TCPIP Stack
- Click on Start button.
- Type cmd in the Start box and hit enter.
- Press Ctrl-Shift-Enter keyboard shortcut to run Command Prompt as Administrator. Allow elevation request.
- Type netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt in the Command Prompt shell, and then press the Enter key.
- Restart the computer.
4. Change MTU.
You may need to change MTU. You can do this typing the following comments in command prompt.
netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface “Local Area Connection” mtu=* store=persistent
If you come across any other issue, you can ask in comments and we will try to assist you.