Darkspore is a fast-paced, sci-fi action RPG in which you battle across alien worlds in your effort to save the galaxy from mutated forced of Darkspore. If you are having issues with it, refer to these Darkspore Troubleshooting and Fixes we compiled.
Darkspore Troubleshooting and Fixes
You can play co-op and solo battles against hordes of Darkspore enemies and bosses. If you come across any technical hurdles in your quest to save the galaxy from the Darkspore forces, you can refer to our troubleshooting guide.
1# Darkspore – Patch fails with no code
Delete the patches folder found in the Darksporebin. Reference the previous entry for paths.
2# Error Code 6
Not enough space on your hard drive, Darkspore requires at least 10gb of free space. Free up this much space in the drive you have Darkspore installed. Delete the patch directory which is “\DarksporeBin\Patches” and restart the game.
3# Error Code 14
You may have an old installer and are having locale issues. Completely uninstall the game download the latest installer, and try again.
4# Error Code 18
You may be having problems downloading patches. Download the patches manually and restart the Launcher.
5# Error Code 19
Download the latest installer and follow the steps for Error Code 6.
6# Crash on startup
- Try reinstalling the client to verify that everything was installed correctly.
If you have the game on Steam, follow these instructions:
- Open Steam library
- Right click Darkspore Beta in your Steam list.
- Click on properties.
- On the local files tab click verify integrity of game cache.
7# Game Doesn’t Work After Crash
- Uninstall Darkspore completely.
- Download/install CCleaner.
- Run CCleaner in program and registry.
- Reinstall Darkspore.
8# Darkspore – Random Crashes
Update your Catalyst Control Center.
9# Darkspore – Graphical bugs
Nvidia Video Card
- Launch the NVIDIA Control Panel:
- Right-click the Windows desktop, then click NVIDIA Control Panel from the context menu.
- Click 3D Settings from the NVIDIA Control Panel Select a Category page.
- Set all settings that you can to application controlled.
ATI video card
Update all drivers and Catalyst Control Panel. If this doesn’t resolve the issue, try full re-install.
10# Darkspore – Lag/slow game play
AMD Athlon X2 Processor? – Install: AMD fix
11# Darkspore General Troubleshooting
- Try setting CPU affinity while Darkspore is running.
- Open the Task Manager.
- Right click on Darkspore and click “Go to Process”.
- Right click on Darkspore.exe and select “Set Affinity”.
- Unselect all the boxes except CPU 0.
12# Darkspore – Connection Issues
- Disable firewall/antivirus. Make sure you have these ports forwarded: 42100-42199 TCP, 10500-10599 TCP, and be able to open an ephemeral port TCP/UDP.
- Run the game as admin or in compatibility.
If you come across any other issue not listed here, you can ask us in comments and we will try to help you out.