Killzone 3 has been patched after its US launch and you can read the major fixes and additions in the rundown below.
Developer: This is just the beginning, and more updates and enhancements are on the way, based on feedback received during open beta.
- Increased the number of melee kills needed to unlock Increased Accuracy
- StA-3 LMG has had its spread increased and overall accuracy lowered
- Lowered the range and recoil of the LS-57 SMG
- Silent Footsteps has been removed as a ribbon and is now an unlockable skill
- Capturing a Capture and Hold area in Operations will award the same amount of points as it does in Warzone – it was previously worth less
- A specific screen has been added to inform players when a Skill has been unlocked
- Medic: The LS-57 SMG replaces their previously equipped StA-11 SMG
- Medic: The M224-1A LMG replaces their previously equipped LS-13 Shotgun
- Engineer: The StA-11 SMG replaces their previously equipped LS-57 SMG
- Tactician: The LS-13 Shotgun replaces their previously equipped M224-1A LMG
- Tactician: Neutralizing and capturing Tactical Spawn Areas now have two different timers, allowing you to neutralize the ownership away from the enemy faction quicker
- Tactician: Spot & Mark has been rebalanced – it will now ‘pulse’ like a sonar for 30 seconds, rather than stay constantly active during its duration
- Infiltrator: Disguise ranges for each rank has been adjusted. At rank 1, any player can see through Disguise when targeting the Infiltrator. At rank 2, a player must be within 30m range. At rank 3, a player must be within 15m range. Additionally, Disguise at rank 2 has had its timer set to ‘indefinite’ and is no longer based on a timer.
- Infiltrator: The sprint speed modifier earned from Survivalist has been decreased
- New online trophies can be unlocked from the Retro Pack DLC
- Kick-voting has been added to online matches
- Experience points earned for completing mission objectives has been increased
Killzone 3 is already out in the US and is scheduled to be released on 25th Feb 2011 in the UK.