A couple of days ago new details regarding the upcoming Dynasty Warriors 7 title were provided. The details speak about the leveling system, the co-op gameplay and the armory you can expect to use inside the game.
- Chronicle Mode (a set of one-off levels) will feature both online and split-screen co-op
- Jin’s story mode will be set after the battle of Wuzhang Plains with Jin gaining control over the kingdom of Wei.
- Wu’s storyline is going to focus on its earlier period as opposed to the latter years.
- Story mode looks like it’ll be single-player only.
- There will be no “guest” characters from Tecmo titles or previous Warriors spin-offs.
- There will be no character creation or intro edit modes.
- Characters now boost their stats with items instead of gaining experience in battle.
- Weapons are obtained in two ways — creating them with a blacksmith, or picking them up from defeated enemies. Freshly acquired weapons can be equipped during a battle now.
- Swimming will return from Dynasty Warriors 6.
- Japanese version features the song “Time” by KinKi Kids in its ending.
The game is expected to be released in late March 2011 on the Xbox 360 and the PS3. Here’s a promotion video for you to enjoy.