Star Wars Force Unleashed II is the second installment in the force unleashed saga featuring StarKiller as secret apprentice of Darth Vader. Game is gorgeous to be fair and features stunning animations and visuals.
Errors, Crashes, Freezes, and other game-breaking issues are few and far between but if you are facing any of these, you can refer to the breakdown of the most common game errors and their workarounds below.
In Game Video Doesn’t Play
You started the game, but can’t see any cinematic? but a black screen and sound playing. Associate your .wmv files with Windows Media Player, or if you don’t have Windows Media Player installed, install it to resolve this issue.
Pre-Order DLC Code not Working?
It hasn’t gone live yet, wait for a day. (It is to go live on 9 PM 26th Oct 2010). If you still don’t get it working, Lucas Arts are into this matter and will replace the code with the one that works.
How to Change the Language of Subtitles/Menu to English
- search “regedit”.
- Computer/HKey-Local_Machine\Software\Wow6432Node\LucasArts\Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2
- Edit the language from “ru” to “en”.
Stuttering Fix, Slow Video, No Video Fix
Make sure you are using the latest video driver, If you are on ATI video card then, try disabling “Catalyst A.I.” through the Catalyst Control Center utility.
How to Disable Catalyst A.I
- Right-click on the desktop and select Catalyst Control Center.
- At the top-left of the new window, click on “Graphics”, then select “3D” in the dropdown.
- Click on “A.I.”, click in the box next to “Disable Catalyst A.I.”, then click APPLY and close the window.
If you are an Nvidia user, don’t force Vsync through Nvidia control panel or it may cause stuttering.
Restart the game and let us know how it goes.
Note. Star Wars Force Unleashed II has 30 FPS cap by default. So if you are not getting FPS higher than 30, you shouldn’t be worried.
Star Wars Force Unleashed II Controller Fix
Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 has a strange problem that you can’t play the game using your mouse and keyboard if there are any other USB devices connected to your PC like the controllers or the Joysticks.
It seems that Force Unleashed II recognizes any USB device attached as keyboard and mouse and in-game instead of keyboard keys display, it tells us to press gamepad buttons like Press 1 or 2.
- Plug out all your USB devices except for the keyboard and mouse.
- If you find it hectic to remove them physically, you can mute them from windows to make your Keyboard and Mouse work. In order to do that go to Control Panel > Device Manager and then search for Human Interface Devices. Right-click HD-Compliant Game Controller and disable it. If you have multiple controllers, disable them all.
- There is a chance that your keyboard still won’t work if it is USB. Then your only option currently is to use a regular PS/2 port keyboard.
Game Progress Stopped at The Salvation Mission (Fusion Accelerator level)
If you are facing this problem then you can try the following workaround:
- After reaching the first cannon, do not exit the game, until after destroying the door and exiting the room.
- After reaching the first cannon, lower the difficulty level to avoid the likelihood of dying, until after exiting the room.
Screen Tearing Fix
If you are facing screen tearing and the cutscenes aren’t that good for you when Vsync is turned on from the control panel or the catalyst, then enabling triple buffering can solve the problem.
Screen Tearing can also occur if your Monitor’s refresh rate is low and your are trying to render more frame rates than your Monitor’s capacity.
Autosave and Low Game Performance Issue
The game somehow works much better and smoother at resolution 800 x 600. So if you are facing graphic latency even if you meet the recommended requirements for the game, you can shift to this resolution for a better experience.
This can also fix your autosave problem.
Can’t Launch the Game (ATI users)
If you aren’t able to load the game properly then Turning off your Catalyst AI can solve the issue.
Game Does not Load
It might be due to the codecs used by the game. Updating your Windows Media Player to the latest version may help the cause.
Missing Sounds Fix
You may find some missing sounds at certain levels of the game. This issue can be solved by the following fix:
- Download the file and unzip it in your drive.
- Copy these files into folder: \Steam\steamapps\common\star wars the force unleashed\LevelPacks\
- Overwrite the files when prompted.
If you are facing any other issues, feel free to post it in the comments and we will try to help you out.