How to Create Custom Worms Reloaded Map
Worms Reloaded will surely improve your drawing if not anything else as creating a map in the game is as easy as drawing the image of your house in paint. Make your imaginations go wild and create your own custom map for Worms Reloaded. If you don’t know how ? you can follow the step by step guide below and get started.
There are three essential steps to creating a custom map in Worms Reloaded and they are:
- Create an Image
- Customize that Image in Worms Reloaded Map Editor
- Save the changes with Map Editor
and that’s it. You can read the instructions on every step below separately.
You can create the image in several photo editing tools but for convenience we will talk about two of the famous and easily available.
How to draw the map in Paint Tool
- Open paint.
- Create an image with 2560 x 1280 pixels dimensions.
- Press CTRL+A, then press delete.
- Draw the map you want, but make sure to have some black outlines to make the map look better.
How to draw the map in Photoshop
- Make a new file with a transparent background, make sure the size of the image is 2560 x 1280 pixels.
- Fill the background of the image with black color.
- Insert all the images you want in your map and edit it to your liking.
- Flatten the image, i.e. merge all the layers
- Go to “Channels” and create an alpha channel, you will find the create new channel icon to be third icon in the bottom icon bar.
- Anything you want visible will be totally white in the alpha channel, anything you want hidden will be black. So, basically you want everything you inserted to be white in the alpha channel and background to be black.
- Easiest way to do this is use the Magic Wand and select all the black on your picture then invert your selection and go to the alpha channel and just paint all your new selection white.
- Make sure you have thick black outlines to make the map look better.
How to Convert the Image into Worms Reloaded Custom Map
- Save the image you made earlier in TGA format to
- Open Worms Reloaded, go to the landscape editor.
- Click the ‘load landscape’ button, select your TGA file.
- Customize (worms, mines, oil drums) your map, save it with the same name and the editor will save the map .LDS format, converting it into compatible Worms Reloaded Map.