Transformers War For CyberTron Common Errors, Bugs, and Fixes
Transformers War for Cybertron could have been a hit on PC only if it wasn’t another console ripoff by Activision. They used the Unreal Engine 3 for this game and yet didn’t utilize its basic features, can you believe that ?. Well, lets just save this talk for a while till we resolve all the issues people are facing in running the game right now. In case you haven’t bought this game, read below the minimum system requirements in order to run Transformers War For CyberTron.
Minimum System Requirements For Transformers War For CyberTron
-3D hardware accelerator card required – 100% DirectX(R) 9.0c-compliant 256 MB video card and drivers*
-Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP / Windows Vista(R) / Windows(R) 7
-Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo E4300 1.80 GHz or AMD Athlon(TM) 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ 2.0 GHz
-2 GB of RAM
-9 GB of uncompressed hard disk space (plus 400 MB for the Windows(R) swap file and 12 KB free for saved games)
-A 100% Windows(R) XP / Windows Vista(R) / Windows(R) 7-compatible computer system including:
-DirectX(R) 9.0c (Included)
-100% DirectX(R) 9.0c-compliant true 16-bit sound card and drivers
-100% Windows(R) XP / Windows Vista(R) / Windows(R) 7-compatible mouse, keyboard and drivers
-100% Windows(R) XP / Windows Vista(R) / Windows(R) 7-compatible 6x speed DVD-ROM drive (600 K/sec sustained transfer rate) and drivers.
*Supported Chipsets for Windows(R) XP / Windows Vista(R) / Windows(R) 7
-All NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) 7900 GT 256 MB RAM and better chipsets (excluding 8400 cards)
-All ATI Radeon(TM) X1900 256 MB RAM and better chipsets (excluding Radeon HD2400, Radeon -HD2600, and Radeon HD3450)
-Motherboard integrated video chipsets not supported
1# Steam Users| Finished Download/Installing The Game but on executing the .exe file, it doesn’t start. Only the little window that pops up for a second every time you start the game and then closes down.
There are few things you can do in order to resolve this issue.
1. Exit the steam and try running the game, see if it starts now.
2. Try running the game from the steam menu as admin.
3. Run an integrity check, right click on the game in steam, go to properties, now under local data you should see integrity check, click it to see if you have complete files of the game.
4. Update your graphic card drivers.
Some of these workarounds are steam specific while others liek updating your graphic card drivers are for everyone one else who is facing the same issue.
2# Problem Creating Online Account
You can read below a workaround to resolve this issue, problem here is their is some script gone rogue at official Transformers War For Cybertron website which is not letting users who created an account on their website, to log-in with that account. So workaround to this is, create an Activision account and log-in as existing user.
3# How to Redeam Your DLC Code
1. Go to www.transformersgame.com/redemption/.
2. Click “Redeem Code.”
3. Fill out the form to register a quick account OR on the top right, click “Log-In” if you already have an ACTIVISION account. (It will fill the information in for you.) The account is used to hold all of your codes so you can look back at the code if you need it again.
4. After submitting the form. Check your email for the account confirmation. Click the link inside the email.
5. Log-in into the account your just created.
6. Enter your 12-digit pre-order code you received.
7. You will then pick the platform for the game that you have.
8. The code for the system will be listed. Enter that code into “Redeem Code” in your Xbox 360 or PS3.
9. Enjoy your Pre-order bonus.
Now few of the folks are having troubles logging into their account in Transformers War for CyberTron official site, the account they just created on that website, so here is a workaround.
1. Go to Activision main site, and register for account.
2. Once registered go back to Transformers War For CyberTron site and log-in their as an existing user.
3. Redeem your DLC code.
4# Transformers War For CyberTron Multiplayer Co Op Hosting Issues
Portforward these ports and you will be fine.
5# Mouse Control Sensitivity Issues
This happens when you port a game to PC and that too in hurry. Its not due to broken game, it just that developer forgot to change the mouse X-axis and Y-axis sensitivities while porting the game to PC, which is sad.
6# Sound Stuttering While Playing The Game
Sometimes when lot of robots transform at the same time or there is lot of talking going on, sound may sound slappy or stutter but recovers back when everything calms down. This again is something thanks to developers, try to update the drivers and see if that resolves the issue or minimizes it.
7# Game Crashes on ALT-TAB
Transformers War For CyberTron is developed on Unreal Engine 3, which hates alt tabbing out of the game. So if you are on multitasking try running the game in windowed mode. Or if you have downloaded the game from Steam, their is a tag “-noborder”, add it in setlaunch option for the game and see if that works.
8# Game Crashes and Freezes While Playing
Now this is very common problem to PC games these days, either the game is broken or their is glitch in the game, or your graphic drivers are messed. It can be any of these that may be resulting into this type of behaviour. Sometimes some other application is messing around with the game which results in crashing the game or your RAM is low. It can be any of these so hit and trial for time being is your only option.
9# 30 FPS Locked ? How to Resolve it.
The game is optimized to work with 30 FPS locked and that is by design. Due to high motion blur and other graphic variables, the game has FPS locked at 30. The game runs fine even with locked FPS so you should worry not, but a patch is expected to resolve this issue soon.
10# I Can’t Tweak the Config Files, Transformers War For CyberTron
Tweaking the config files in Transformers War for CyberTron has been made extremely difficult to impossible as they are encrypted. Yeah they did that, so don’t bother to manually make things right.
11# Problem Loading The Game, Executing TWFC.exe
If on executing twfc.exe, the game doesn’t load, error message appears saying “TWFC.exe has encountered problem and needs to be closed”. Follow the procedure below to resolve the issue.
1. Restart computer, this may actually resolve the whole issue for some, if you aren’t that lucky, read on.
2. Go to Program Files/steam/SteamApps/common/transformers war for cybertron/binaries, right clicked on TWFC.exe and selected “run as administrator”. (Steam Users)
– Others go to game directory, right click on TWFC.exe and go to its properties, then click on compatibility tab and check “Run as Admin”.
Try executing the game now and it should work fine.
1# Is there any way to rebind my controller and keyboard ?
No, there is only one option available.
2# I can’t chat in multiplayer.
Game doesn’t support chat feature.
3# I can’t tweak my game config files.
Transformers War For CyberTron config files are encrypted.
4# Why FPS are locked at 30 ?
The game has been optimized to work on 30 FPS.
If you have any information to add to this article, please don’t hold back. For those who are facing other issues that need to be answered, ask in comments.