We are expecting that Need For Speed:Shift will be released in a weeks time as promised by EA. Developers are confident this time they won’t disappoint racing fans all over the world. Final preparations for the release has been started with EA revealing the system specs required to run the game.
Lets have a look at them:
- Required – Internet Connection
- OS – Windows XP (Service Pack 3) or Windows Vista (Service Pack 1) / Windows 7
- Processor – Intel Core 2 Duo 1.6 GHz or faster
- Memory – XP: 1 GB RAM; Vista/Windows 7: 1.5 GB RAM
- Hard Drive – 6 GB
- DVD Drive – 8 SPEED
- Video Card – 256 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 3.0 (ATI Radeon X1800 XT 512MB or greater; NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT 256MB or greater. Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required.)
- Sound Card – DirectX 9.0c compatible
- DirectX – DirectX 9.0c compatible
- Online Multiplayer – 512 Kbps or faster; 2-12 Players
- Input – Keyboard, Mouse
- Optional – USB Steering Wheel / Dual Analogue Gamepad
These are the minimum requirements. I won’t be able to play this one as I don’t have a core to duo machine:(. It might break your heart but I am not amazed with these specs as HD lightening and effects have been the backbone of need for speed series.
There is a bit confusion about internet connection being mentioned in the specs. EA has told that internet connection is necessary only for online play. Wait a minute, does that mean no LAN in this one? I hope not.
It might be Internet dependent LAN which is also useless for those having slow speed internet connection.
Anyways it is not confirmed yet what sort of LAN will be included in it.
Game is all set to rock the floor and will be released on all platforms on September 15th.