Prey 2017 Patch 1.2 Now Live On PC, Brings Fixes For Save File Corruption Issue and More
Prey 2017 has just launched for PC and consoles and despite Arkane Studios’ promises about the PC version of the game, it still has a lot of issues including the save file corruption, game crashing while loading a new area and more. However, the studio has released Prey 2017 patch 1.2 that fixes these issues on PC.
Akane Studios has rolled out Prey 2017 patch 1.2 on PC which fixes that save file corruption issue and returns them back to their uncorrupted state. Aside from this, the patch also brings a fix for the issue where players get stuck in an area and a number of fixes for the GLOO cannon, which prevents breaking and bypassing collision.
Furthermore, Prey 2017 patch 2017 brings fixes for the issues like Kaspar’s objective indicator disappearing, occasional combat freezes while attacking a phantom and adjustments to the volume of the music for cutscenes and audio logs. Check out the full patch notes below.
- Fix to prevent Save games from becoming corrupted. Fix also returns corrupted Save games to uncorrupted state.
- Also addresses some additional crashes on map loads.
- Hacking during the Power Plant reboot no longer causes the reboot to fail to complete.
- Fix to prevent the Player from becoming stuck in certain circumstances.
- Nightmares will now always search for the player once spawned.
- Saving and Loading PC settings will now save correctly for users with special characters in their Windows usernames.
- Numerous fixes to GLOO to prevent breaking and bypassing collision, prevent corpses from passing through walls and floors.
- Updated Recycling to prevent infinite material creation.
- Fix for occasional combat freeze when attacking Phantoms
- Kaspar’s objective indicator should no longer disappear.
- Updates to audio mix to adjust volume of music, audio logs, cutscenes.
It is important to note that the update is only available for PC and Arkane Studios has noted that for consoles this update will be available next week.
While the game has just launched there are some players that have taken upon themselves to complete the self-imposed challenges in the game. Recently a player ended the game is just 20 minutes, however, the record was broken by another player who ended the game in just 11 minutes.
Prey 2017 is a first-person horror survival game developed by Arkane Studios for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.