New Black Ops III Patch Out Today, Readies The Game For Zombie Chronicles DLC
In preparation of Zombie Chronicles, Treyarch has released a new Call of Duty Black Ops III patch to target some bugs before the DLC is deployed.
The new Black Ops III patch, version 1.22, will prepare the popular 2015 FPS for the upcoming Zombie Chronicles DLC which adds multiple remastered maps to the game. The patch also targets numerous bugs in the game including one which affected unopened Supply Drops. The issue that stopped players from picking up Ballistic Knife blades after they had been fired should also be fixed now.
The full patch notes for Black Ops III patch version 1.22 are given below:
- This update addresses a number of general performance issues.
- Unopened Supply Drop bundles will now remain in the Black Market after the events have ended.
- Supply Drops that had disappeared have been returned to players’ inventories.
- Attachment Icons will load more quickly in Create-a-Class and Gunsmith menus.
- Addressed an exploit that allowed users to equip some camos before unlocking them.
- Ballistic Knife blades are now recoverable.
- Ballistic Knife now properly registers headshots with the Kill Counter or Clan Tag attachments equipped.
However, it should be noted that while the patch is available to download on PS4, Xbox One and PC right now, the update will not preparing the game for the DLC on Xbox One and PC. Since Zombie Chronicles is releasing on these two platforms 30 days after its PS4 release, both Xbox One and PC will get another patch later down the road.
After numerous teases and hints, Zombie Chronicles was finally confirmed earlier this month. The DLC is scheduled for a May 16th release on PS4 with other platforms to follow a month later.
Although many people had hoped for a free DLC or part of the season pass, Zombie Chronicles will actually be released separately and is one of the most expensive Call of Duty DLC priced at $30.