Battlefield 1 Update 1.07 Cuts Spam by Reducing Amount of Grenades
Battlefield 1 received a new update yesterday, signalling an end to the “excessive use of explosive gadgets and grenades” in the game.
Prior to Update 1.07, players could not only carry a greater amount of specific grenades but also get constantly resupplied through ammunition crates and pouches. War is indeed hell and was more so evident at choke points where both sides would continuously indulge each other in a seemingly endless spam of grenades.
To address the issue, DICE has changed how grenades are resupplied in Battlefield 1. Players can now only carry a single grenade at all times, which replenishes automatically after a considerable period. Sticking close to ammunition crates only reduces the resupply timer but players must still wait before they can chuck the next grenade.
The resupply timers are as follows:
- Frag: 36 seconds
- Light AT: 36 seconds
- Impact: 36 seconds
- Incendiary: 36 seconds
- Gas: 27 seconds
- Mini: 24 seconds
- Smoke: 18 seconds
- Resupplies are 3 times as fast near ammo crates
- Reduced Smoke, Gas and Mini Grenade ammo from 2 to 1
- Ammo pouches currently no longer resupply grenades
In addition, some of the numbers have been adjusted as well to make it a bit harder for players to rack up kills through mindless lobbying.
- Increased Impact grenade minimum time before explosion from 0.7 to 1.0 seconds.
- Increased Incendiary grenade minimum time before explosion from 0.67 to 1.3 seconds.
- Increased Mini Grenade damage from 65 to 72.
- Decreased inner blast radius Light AT Grenades from 2.0 to 1.5.
- Decreased inner blast radius Assault AT Grenades to 1.5 from 2.0.
- Reduced Tripwire INC ammo from 2 to 1 to better account for its high damage and AOE.
The developer noted that the changes are part of an ongoing effort to reduce grenade-spam and are subject to tweaks in the future. DICE will keep monitoring how the new changes impact gameplay before expanding the new replenishing system to more gadgets.
Update 1.07 marked the launch of They Shall Not Pass, the first expansion pack for Battlefield 1. While access is only granted to Premium Pass owners for the time being, all are required to update their games nonetheless.
Update 1.07 weighs 7.3 GB on PlayStation 4, 8.35 GB on Xbox One, and 5.88 GB on PC. You can go through the entire patch notes here.