PlayStation 4 Was The Best-Selling Console In The USA Last Month
It seems that PlayStation 4 – at the moment – is unstoppable in terms of sales. As said by Sony Interactive Entertainment during a chat with GamesBeat, PS4 was the best-selling console in the USA last month.
It’s the fourth month in a row that Sony’s console ruled the sales chart, and it’s not a surprise.
The release of games such as Horizon: Zero Dawn and NiOh has surely helped PlayStation 4’s sales to grow more than the previous months, and the best part is they could grow even more since the line-up of the console has still a lot to offer.
On the other hand, even Xbox One is doing better than in the past. Microsoft says that the hours played on Xbox One have increased by 11% from the last year, while unique users were up 35%.
What about Nintendo Switch? We’ll know within the next month.
PlayStation 4, however, has received yesterday its update 4.50, adding external Hard Disk support and more. The package, whose size is only 324 MB, introduces the following:
Main features in version 4.50 update:
- You can now use a USB storage device to install applications, or move applications from your PS4’s system storage. The following USB storage devices can be used. Select(Settings) > [Devices] > [USB Storage Devices], select the connected USB storage device, and then format it for use as extended storage.* External hard disk drive
- USB 3.0 or later
- 250 GB minimum, 8 TB maximum capacity
- The quick menu is now more user friendly. Creating, joining, and other party features are even easier to access.
- (Notifications) has been redesigned. All notifications now appear in a single list.
- When using Remote Play on a Windows PC, Mac, Xperia Smartphone, or Xperia™ Tablet, you can now use your device’s microphone for voice chat in games or in parties.
- You can now use screenshots to customize the background of your home screen and function screen. Select(Settings) > [Themes] > [Select Theme] > [Custom].
- You can now post screenshots directly to activities, such as those shown in [What’s New]. Press the SHARE button, select [Screenshot], and then select [Activities] as the upload destination.Also, you can now tag games and fellow players.
- You can now post animated GIFs to activities and social applications.
- Your status is now visible as(Mobile) when you sign in to an application such as(PlayStation App), even when you are away from your PS4 system. This means you are available to communicate with Friends.
- You can now make a party public or private even after the party has been created. Select(Party) > [Party Settings] > [Party Privacy].
- PlayStation VR now supports Blu-ray 3D content.
PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 4 Pro are available worldwide.