Warner Bros. is about to make an important announcement on March 8, 2017. There's no official...
Sejuani Changes Teased for League of Legends Tank Update
Riot Games has begun talking about the upcoming League of Legends Tank Update and Sejuani is the first champion to receive a complete thematic overhaul.
The Winter’s Wrath is facing an identity crisis at present. Despite being a barbarian war-leader who rides a boar into battle, the current form of Sejuani fails to depict that outside of her appearance.
Posting on the official forums, live game designer Riot Solcrushed pointed out that Sejuani’s R (Glacial Prison) is one of the most powerful abilities in the game. However, the power levels of the ability alone make the rest of her kit feel extremely underwhelming.
The developer is interested in overhauling her entire kit to better reflect her lore as well as provide more utility to allies. The Tank Update will ensure that Sejuani no longer relies on her ultimate ability alone. A balance will be struck in terms of both power and utility. This will come at a cost though, and Sejuani is being changed solely into a battle cruiser that does low damage.
Tap more into the cavalier / warleader fantasy
- We would like to have moments where it feels like Sejuani is actively leading and inspiring her allies.
- We would also like to add more elements to her kit that alludes to the cavalier fantasy who is always on the move ready to rush in on her opposition.
Create a more engaging base combat pattern
- We want to make her base pattern more engaging and worth mastering for Sejuani players, and also give enemies something to play around. We will be reworking her base spells so the majority of her damage no longer comes from just standing near her opponents.
- This will mean that we will need to take some of the power away from her currently overwhelmingly powerful ultimate so we can give all of her base spells real impact
Create a clear and unique defensive profile
- We want tanks to be defined more by their defensive mechanics and Sejuani is no exception. As we reduce the amount of reliable damage she can put out, we want to change her passive so it is both more character defining and appreciable.
Allow her to directly synergize with specific allies
- We’re looking to give Sejuani ways to directly augment the effectiveness of her allies. Instead of just augmenting all her allies, we want Sejuani to benefit specific allies in ways that will make her feel like a true barbarian warleader.
The League of Legends Tank Update features the main goal of giving all champions that fall under Vanguards more purpose on the Rift. Presently, champions like Sejuani and Malphite exist solely to charge into combat with a quick burst of abilities. Such champions in League of Legends feature a rather flat skill-curve. Riot Games wants them to do more in team fights than just the initial wave of attack.