The AMD Ryzen CPU was demoed recently and what a demo it was. AMD showed that the upcoming AMD...
Conan Exiles Dedicated Server Guide, How To Set Up Your Own Dedicated Server
Alongside the option to join Official or Unofficial public servers, Funcom has also provided players the tools to host their own Conan Exiles dedicated server. Hosting a Conan Exiles dedicated server can be a bit confusing at first but hopefully, this walkthrough will help make the process easier for people who are interested in hosting one for their friends.
Conan Exiles Dedicated Server Walkthrough
This walkthrough will try to cover as many steps as possible to host your very own Conan Exiles dedicated server and will also list down the things needed to host the server.
- Download SteamCMD to get access to the dedicated server files, once downloaded, the file needs to be extracted in a separate folder
- Open the steamcd folder that was just extracted and create a new text document named ConanUpdater.bat
- Open ConanUpdater.bat in notepad and the past the following line:
@echo off start “” steamcmd.exe +login anonymous +force_install_dir “C:\Path\To\Conan\Server” +app_update 443030 +quit
- The portion “C:\Path\To\Conan\Server” needs to be replaced by the location where you want to download the server files for example C:\ConanServer
- Once this is done, you can run save the notepad file and then run ConanUpdater.bat which will result in SteamCMD downloading all the required files.
Conan Exiles Dedicated Server Start Walkthrough
- Open up the folder where ConanUpdater.bat downloaded the Conan Exiles dedicated server files
- Create a new text document called ConanServer.bat, open it in notepad and add this line “start ConanSandboxServer.exe –log”
- Save the file and run ConanServer.bat which will generate configuration files stored in C:\ConanServer\ConanSandbox\Saved\Config\WindowsServer\
Conan Exiles needs the following UDP ports forwarded for the server to function: UDP 7777, 7778, 27015.
Once all the previous steps of this Conan Exiles dedicated server walkthrough have been completed, you can proceed to configuring the server settings.
- Open up Engine.ini file located in “ConanSandbox\Saved\Config\WindowsServer\”
This section will allow you to set the name for the server that is displayed in the in-game server list as well as a password for it. AsyncTaskTimeout should be high enough so the server can boot especially for weak hardware machines.
- Open Game.ini to set the maximum number of players which can be in the server at one time
- ServerSettings.ini will allow you to set up some other server features such as turning nudity on or off, setting the server type to PvE, PvP or PvP Blitz, setting the server region, enable or disable BattleEye as well as set an admin password for the server.
Find anything confusing? Comment and we will help you out!