The AMD Ryzen CPU was demoed recently and what a demo it was. AMD showed that the upcoming AMD...
Rejoice, League of Legends Patch 7.3 Brings Much-Needed Camille Nerfs
The significance of Patch 7.3 not only lies in the coming of Camille nerfs, but also the toning down of multiple overpowered champions in League of Legends.
Since her release, Camille has only been seen as trouble on the Rift. The Steel Shadow registered one of the highest ban rates in the ongoing Spring Split of the League Championship Series (LCS) across all major regions.
Much of that has to do with her kit which is designed to stick to enemy champions like glue. It’s difficult to escape her clutches the moment she decides to lock you down. The Camille nerfs with Patch 7.3 change that to offer more breathing room, targeting the entire kit of the champion.
The damage on Q (Precision Protocol) and slow duration on W (Tactical Sweep) have been reduced. E (Hookshot) only provides bonus attack speed if Camille hits an enemy champion. Additionally, the stun duration has also been slightly reduced. Finally, her ultimate abilities now dissipates as soon as Camille is dead.
Incidentally, the Camille nerfs hit the champion the hardest when compared with nerfs for other overpowered champions in this patch.
Q (Precision Protocol)
- Empowered Cast Bonus Damage: 100 percent ⇒ 80 percent
W (Tactical Sweep)
- Outer Sweep Slow Decay: Now decays fully to 0 percent over the duration
- Slow: 90 percent ⇒ 80 percent
- Cost: 50 mana ⇒ 70 mana
- Stun Duration: 1 second ⇒ 0.75 seconds
- [New] Attack Speed: Now only granted if Camille hits an enemy champion
R (The Hextech Ultimatum)
- After Death Duration: No longer persists for its full remaining duration after Camille dies. Now dissipates within 1 second after Camille dies.
Six months after Jayce was buffed to feature physical bonus damage on his first hammer strike, Riot Games has deemed him to be succeeding a bit too much in both of his forms.
Patch 7.3 is dialing back on the bonus damage ratios of his R (Mercury Hammer). Additionally, the flat damage on Q (To the Skies!) has been reduced on all levels. Finally, a slight mana cost increment to his E (Thundering Blow) will force players to think twice before spamming the ability in-lane.
Q (To the Skies!)
- Damage: 40/80/120/160/200/240 ⇒ 35/70/105/140/175/210
E (Thundering Blow)
- Cost: 40 mana ⇒ 55 mana
R (Mercury Hammer)
- Hammer Stance Bonus Damage Ratio: 0.4 bonus attack damage ⇒ 0.25 bonus attack damage
Thanks to the recent Assassins Update, Kha’Zix has been popping enemy champions like balloons. His burst damage is simply too much for most champions to bear.
According to the developer, it went a bit too far in improving his evolution stages. As a result, Patch 7.3 is stepping on the bug in a major way.
The bonus attack damage ratio on Q (Taste Their Fear), his main ability of use, has been significantly reduced. Additionally, the cooldown timers on his evolved claws have been reduced in terms of refund on isolated targets.
Q (Taste Their Fear)
- Ratio: 1.4 bonus attack damage ⇒ 1.2 bonus attack damage
- Evolved Claws Cooldown Refund: 60 percent on isolated targets ⇒ 45 percent on isolated targets
If there is one champion right now that every professional League of Legends player fears in the mid lane, it’s LeBlanc. She came out too strong from the recent Assassins Update. With Patch 7.3, Riot Games is reducing the damage scaling on her passive (Sigil of Malice) across all levels.
Passive (Sigil of Malice)
- Damage (Level 1-6): 40/55/70/85/100/115 ⇒ 30/40/50/60/70/80
- Damage (Level 7-13): 130/155/170/180/190/200/210 ⇒ 90/100/120/140/160/180/200
- Damage (Level 14-18): 220/240/260/280/300 (unchanged)
For some reason, Riot Games thought it was a good idea to give Rengar a way to become immune to crowd-control abilities. After terrifying players on the Rift for months, Riot Games is finally removing the empowered cast from W (Battle Roar).
Q (Savagery) has also been tweaked to reduce the distance traveled. Players will no longer find any benefit from dashing about the map by thrusting their claws. Finally, the invisibility duration on R (Thrill of the Hunt) has been brought down.
- Dash Distance: 200 ⇒ 150
W (Battle Roar)
- [Removed] Battle Meow: Empowered cast no longer gives crowd control immunity for 1.5 seconds
R (Thrill of the Hunt)
- Camouflage Duration: 14/22/30 seconds ⇒ 12/16/20 seconds
You can read the complete Patch 7.3 notes on the official League of Legends website.