12 Popular Koei Tecmo Games Added to PlayStation Now
For the month of February, Sony is adding a dozen popular PlayStation 3 games from Koei Tecmo to the PlayStation Now library.
In the past, Sony has made it a habit to regularly announce new games for PlayStation Now every month. However, this is the first time that the company has dedicated an entire lineup to a single developer. As such, February could be unofficially considered as the Koei Tecmo month for PlayStation Now.
At present, Sony has only confirmed eight of the dozen titles arriving on PlayStation 4 through the company’s streaming service:
- Ar Nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star
- Bladestorm: The Hundred Years War
- Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires
- Ninja Gaiden 3
- Quantum Theory
- Samurai Warriors 4
- Warriors: Legends of Troy
- Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z
The Koei Tecmo lineup follows a recent announcement where Sony added several Game of the Year editions to the service. Those who missed out on the original titles can now opt to jump into the complete versions (all updates and expansion packs) of the following:
- Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year
- Beyond: Two Souls + Advanced Experiments DLC
- Borderlands Game of the Year Edition
- Borderlands 2 Ultimate Edition
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Ultimate Edition
- Heavy Rain + Chronicle 1 DLC
- Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition
- Metro: Last Light Complete Edition
- The Walking Dead Game of the Year Edition
- Tomb Raider Game of the Year Edition
- Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Game of the Year Edition
PlayStation Now is Sony’s answer to the unavailability of backwards compatibility on its new console. It is a subscription-based service that users can sign up for to stream PlayStation 3 (or older) games on the newer console. There is also a one-week trial available for newcomers to test the service out. Once expired, PlayStation Now costs $19.99 a month or $44.99 for three months.
PlayStation Now already features over 450 different games, a list that continues to increase with each month. PlayStation Now is available only on PlayStation 4 and PC.