The AMD Ryzen CPU was demoed recently and what a demo it was. AMD showed that the upcoming AMD...
Tekken 7 Special Editions, Pre-Order Bonuses and Exclusive Content Detailed
Earlier today, Bandai Namco opened the flood gates to unleash new information regarding the upcoming release of Tekken 7.
The latest installment in the fighting series is scheduled to hit shelves on June 2, a few months later than the previously hinted window of early 2017. The release will be in various forms, including an attractive Collector’s Edition.
More importantly, Tekken 7 is taking the controversial road of post-release paid expansion packs and will be locking content behind a pay-wall. Besides the Season Pass, Bandai Namco is also releasing exclusive content for the PlayStation 4 platform.
You can browse through all of the details below, including the pre-order bonuses. You certainly need to be aware of what you’re buying on what platform.
- PS4, XB1, PC: Eliza, the 1000-year old vampire who made her debut in Tekken Revolution returns as a pre-order incentive for Tekken 7.
- XB1: Free copy of Tekken 6 that is part of Microsoft’s backwards compatibility program.
- PS4: Exclusive legacy costumes for King, Xiaoyu and Jin. Additionally, there’s a Jukebox mode through which you’ll be able to listen to classic Tekken music and create custom playlists for Tekken 7.
- PS4, XB1, PC: Grants access to three content packs that will include new playable characters, stages, at least one new game mode, costume packs and a bonus 35-piece Metallica costume pack. Each DLC pack will also be sold separately, though no prices have been revealed at the moment.
- PS4, XB1, PC: The Digital Deluxe Edition bundles the base-game with the Season Pass. Reportedly, it also features two additional characters.
- PS4, XB1: The Collector’s Edition ($150) features the original soundtrack, base-game, a Steel Book case, and a 12″ x 18″ statue of Kazuya locked in combat with Heihachi.
- There are apparently two different Collector’s Editions divided between two regions. You can read on that here.
The home edition of Tekken 7 will incorporate a lot of features, improvements, characters, and modes that were missing from the arcade version last year. According to Bandai Namco Community Manager Dalton Link, it’s everything the development team learned from the arcade launch of the game.