Why is Nintendo Selling a Demo Disk for $49.99?
Nintendo Switch’s launch lineup is already missing hard hitters like Mario and Pokemon. The only major title we have is The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild. Nintendo’s launch lineup also includes a game called 1,2 Switch which is essentially a demo disk filled with mini games.
Nintendo has just confirmed that there are going to 20 mini games in 1,2 Switch which is great but at the end of the day, it is just a glorified demo disk. What’s astonishing is that Nintendo is actually selling this game for $49.99. Yes, $50 for 20 minigames!
1,2 Switch is not worth $49.99, you can spend that money toward some other game.
Nintendo Switch Launch Game Line-Up For North America
- 1-2-Switch (Nintendo)
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo)
- Snipperclips (Nintendo)
- Just Dance 2017 (Ubisoft)
- Rayman Legends Complete (Ubisoft)
- Steep (Ubisoft)
- Has Been Heroes (Frozenbyte)
- Super Bomberman R (Konami)
- Disgaea 5 Complete (Nippon Ichi Software)
- Puyo Puyo Tetris (Sega)
- Skylanders: Imaginators (Activision)
- I am Setsuna (Square Enix)
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (Bandai Namco)
Nintendo Switch Japanese Games Lineup
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Nobunaga’s Ambition: Sphere of Influence with Power Up Kit
- I Am Setsuna
- Puyo Puyo Tetris S
- Disgaea 5
- Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13 with Power Up Kit
- Super Bomberman R
- Dragon Quest Heroes I & II
Nintendo Switch is releasing on March 3rd for $299.
Do you think a glorified demo disk should be sold for such a high price point? Share what you think in the comments below.